Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I signed up for a Round Robin Animal exchange on Maus's site a long long time ago. That site is now defunct I believe. Another person who signed up for it contacted me about a private exchange since we didn't get to follow through on the round robin and she already had hers tatted up! We agreed to exchange 3, so I was busy this weekend trying to catch up!

The dolphin is from Becky Dempsey's Bugs & Beasts! I couldn't find an online site for her book but I'm sure it's still available. I think you can buy it directly from Becky. The giraffe is from Tatted Animals by Inga Madsen. I've made him before....the block tatting is a challenge but fun. I remembered to put the eye bead on the thread before winding the shuttles! The (blue?)robin is from Tatting for 2005 by the Ring of Tatters. The design is by Anthea Rowley. I was quite intrigued by the photograph and was just looking for an excuse to make it. It came out a little larger than I first expected, about 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" tatted from both perle cotton size 12 and Finca size 16. I forgot to string my bead on that one and had to attach it later. It's not in the instructions to tat it in, but I had seen it was needed before I started and meant to add it while tatting instead of later. It did seem to involved hiding a lot of ends, but I think it's worth it, one of the best bird patterns I've seen to date.

I was holding off on publishing this entry until I knew Carol A. had received it. I rushed home after hearing she got it hoping to have hers in my mailbox because I knew she mailed on the same day - but it's not here yet. Sigh...... LOL!

I'm thinking of taking a nap right now, if I can keep it under an hour so I don't stay up until 2:00 a.m. I was drying my hair this morning and did one of those twist/turn things apparently in the wrong way and put a nice kink in my neck. I just used a heating pad on it, but I think a little snooze might be just the thing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.