Saturday, March 04, 2006



March already! It was a busy week.

Two days at a safety conference where my ride picked me up at 6:45 a.m. I was grateful for that. Otherwise, I had to be in at campus to leave by 6:30 a.m.

Then 2 work days that were packed. Thursday night was craft night at my sister's and we also celebrated my granddaughter's 13th birthday. She liked loved the tulip bag!

On Friday, I visited a friend in Indy before I went to the tatting guild in Greenfield. It was her birthday the day before so I took her to a birthday lunch and gave her a CD and this kitty cat bookmark tatted from Dianna Stevens' Animal Bookmark book.



I met her at the Half-Price Bookstore, one of my favorite bookstores to shop in. There are none in Lafayette, so it's always a treat.

I browsed while waiting for her and almost immediately stumbled on this Tatting Book! A book I've never seen or heard of before! It's by Bernadett Baldelli and translated from French into English. It has about 20 patterns in it, skill level from * to *** which I assume is beginner, intermediate and advanced. It was published in 1999. I think it would be a good beginner book. It has drawings of several different stitches, diagrams and written directions and would give a beginner something to shoot for with some experience without being overwhelming. There are no split rings or split chains but there are beads in a few projects. I don't really see where any of the projects are advanced.

After leaving my friend, I headed over to Zig-Zag corner where Lily Morales and Ruth Perry were hanging out for the day. I met Lily last year at Palmetto's briefly, and of course, I've seen Ruth often in the past few years at more local tatting events. Lily was signing copies of her book, Labor of Love, and she taught a sort of mini-class, a motif that was a variation of one in her book. No, I'm not showing it here - I got my colors goofed up and didn't quite finish it but I got some practice doing the lark's head picot join and tatting in a button. I don't particularly like tatting in buttons myself, at least not this kind, but it was a fun diversion. Both she and Ruth had lots of beautiful and fascinating tatting for show and tell.

And for those who remember I had lost the motif from one of the earrings Bette C. tatted for me for Christmas, I found it in the car, in the cupholder of the console. How it got there, I have no idea. Must of been when I leaned down to pick up my bags from the passenger side.

Unfortunately, I left the house in such a hurry that I forgot my camera which I had specifically set out to take with me.

This evening and tomorrow I have to sew and tat. Oh Woe....I HAVE TO TAT....LOL! The sewing is for Hector and the tatting is for a private exchange I said YES to. So, here it is...evening already...and I've not started!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.