Thursday, March 09, 2006

They're here!!!! I came home tonight before going to my sister's house for craft night...had to see if Carol's animal motifs arrived. As soon as I saw the package I thought one of them must be a 3D one! And then, before I even got into the house, I was wondering if it was a sock monkey! YES, YES, YES!!!!!

Not only a 3D monkey but a 3D lizard and a 3D owl! She really outdid herself on these. I told her I was taking them so my sister and daughter could see them tonight but I would probably have to handcuff them to me in a locked container if I wanted to be sure to come home with them. Aren't these just incredible?

Thanks so much to Carol Amich!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not really much of a statistics person but one statistic I do enjoy is looking at the location of visitors to this site. Besides US viewers in 17 states, the following countries had also visited this blog before 9:00 p.m. Wednesday. There was more than one location in many states and countries but I only listed the country once.

Australia
Austria
Brazil
Canada
Chile
Czech Republic
Denmark
Germany
Italy
Japan
Korea, Republic of
Netherlands
Peru
Poland
Portugal
Taiwan
United Kingdom
Venezuela


It gives me goose bumps knowing there are that many tatters AROUND THE WORLD! Don't tell me that tatting is a dying art. Clearly it's alive and well globally! While the names aren't on this day's listing, I've also seen visitors from Ireland, South Africa and Spain. I know there are more than I can think of right now.

One of the things I love about the internet is the way it connects us all. It spawns even greater creativity than we could have possibly dreamed of a decade ago. I know that at least half of the books in my tatting library did not exist 10 years ago - not even 5 years ago.

I started this part about the visitors last night. Not much more to say other than I'm thrilled to know there are tatters worldwide!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:56 PM

    Are those animals tatted??!! COOL!!!

    As for the international visitors - hear, hear!! I also check the statistics to my site and find it really interesting to see where everyone comes from - it's inspiring, really....

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.