Thursday, January 25, 2007


I got the pattern for this patriotic heart at the Creative Stitchery site. I changed the picots on the top. I wanted to add gold stars, but I could only find gold beads in my stash, so I added them in 3's rather then 3 picot/beads to each chain. If I were to put it on a pin finding, I would probably add a ribbon or perhaps a tiny star button to the center of the heart humps.


I probably shouldn't show all the hearts I'm making since I now have a heart exchange partner. Well...I guess this will keep the partner guessing since she doesn't know I am her partner yet. This pineapple heart and the patriotic heart are made largely with split rings. Since this will be the subject of my student group next Monday, I wanted to provide several samples of split ring subjects.

In the tatting news...

Judith Connors' book, The Illustrated Dictionary of Tatting, will be released by Lacis Publications in July in a revised and updated version. ISBN 1-891656-77-5, probably US$18. It will be 86 pages, 100 illustrations and contains a wealth of information from 1850 to 2007, including drawings, history and terminology.

I got the first issue of the year of Tatting Times this week, from Karey Solomon. The 28 page booklet has 8 patterns and a book review on Kaye Judt's "Oh My Stars", a book of techniques for tatters. Karey also lists 3 events coming up: The Tatting Seminar in Hector, NY on April 13-15. the Shuttlebirds Tatting Guild Annual Workshop on April 20-21 in Spokane, WA, and Palmetto Tatters Guild annula conference near Columbia, SC on Sept. 7-8.

My lace guild, Lafayette Lacers hosts a Lace Day on April 14 in Lafayette, IN. More info later.

Fringe Element Tatters will have a Tat Day on Sept. 29 in Canada, I believe. More info as it comes available.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.