Monday, January 01, 2007

I want to set the tone for the rest of the year by going on a rampage of appreciation. I keep most of my rampages private, but for today, about tatting, it will be public.

I love tatting.
I love that I have a talent for tatting.
I love knowing so many other talented and passionate tatters.
I love being able to track all my projects here, with easy texting and graphics.
I love my shuttles.
Isn't it wonderful to have so many threads and beads to pick from?
Isn't it wonderful to have so many patterns and designs easily available these days?
I love finding ways to use my tatting on projects.
I love giving tatting as a gift.
I love receiving not only tatting, but any handmade lace, as a gift.
I love the process of developing a new design.
I especially love it when the plan comes together.
I love the feel of my wooden shuttles.
I love the ease with which I tat with my clovers. I love it that they are so cheap.
I love all the new tatting blogs and websites.
I love that I have a job and the time to play with tatting and other creative crafts.
I love looking around and seeing lace everywhere.
I love the challenge of a new technique or design.
I love all my friends who encourage me and permit me to encourage them.
I love finding new embellishments to go with my tatting.

* * * * * * *


Sunday I received a holiday gift from Bette. A bobbin lace heart, silver, trimmed in purple! Isn't it beautiful? I might even be able to hang a little goddess charm from the center.






On top of that, she gave me this wonderful glass teapot with flowering tea! It's called a dancing leaves teapot, by Numi Flowering Tea. I've never heard of such a thing...so of course, we had to try it out. This one is Flower Jewel, a hand picked white tea crowned by a bright pink amaranth flower. It has a jasmine scent to it. The leaves are handstitched down and then when steeped in the hot water, the leaves open up "blossoming". You can get 2-3 brews out of each one. It really is quite fascinating! I brewed the last time for this one after Bette left and then strained it and put it in the fridge for later. You can get the flowering teas at www.numitea.com and I imagine I might enjoy using the pot for my forte teas too. You can see them at Forte Tea. Isn't tea enchanting? I'll have to do a rampage of appreciation on teas too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.