Sunday, January 07, 2007

I took a break from the bonnet since I'm not sure about the next step. It's so hard to tell at this point if it's too big or not. I decided to tat something with some thread I dyed with Easter egg dye a few years ago. I found a circular motif in the same Lacis book, The Tatted Lace Patterns of Emmy Liebert, a rosette on page 28. I more or less guessed the number of stitches. There are some stitch sequences in the German instructions but I couldn't see how many times to twist the long picots (turned out once worked best) and I wasn't sure how many stitches and picots were in the outer chain round or exactly how they were to be done but I just joined the chains into the same picot that the large rings were joined at. I love the thread color but I couldn't get the color to "set" as well with this one. When I tried to block the motif, the yellow ran all over my fingers, so this won't go on anything washable!


I believe I've been stopping in at Von's a bit too much. Look at this lucious collection of beads I'm managed to acquire over the past several weeks. I don't know what I'm going to do with them but I had to have them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.