Monday, June 25, 2007

I bought these silver earrings at the dollar store recently for the singular purpose of tatting on them. There are 3 different styles and 3 different sizes. I can wear cheap earrings so that won't be a problem. Guess I won't be able to give them away though. Still, it will be fun to play with them.

I finished tatting Martha's heart - and now I can't remember if I can show it or not. I think so but I can't find the email so for now, I'll leave it off.

If you haven't already, go look at what is offered for Tat Days 2007 by the Palmetto Tatters Guild. I'm extremely tempted to find a way to go this year. Might wait on the bill for the pump repair though. I was without water yesterday and part of today, but all is well now. Be sure to look at the larger version of the Flower Garden designed by Mary Donohue. It's absolutely gorgeous!

The Palmetto Guild has been busy! Today I received a copy of the DVD, Tatting Hands, which you can order and view a teaser of from this page. (Thank you Marie!) I have to admit I got teary when I recognized Mr. Monkey in his Red Bag. It's not often I get to see the gifts I give away and it's always a pleasure to know they are appreciated and used. I think this is a wonderful teaching video for the simple reason that it shows all styles and manner of tatting. I saw someone tatting exactly the way the last person I taught tats. I did not teach her that way - it's just what felt natural to her.

Well...I'm off to bed. Long day tomorrow...including a tea luncheon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.