Saturday, June 23, 2007

I can't believe I haven't posted all week! It's been busy. Classes 2 nights this week and I skipped my watercolor class to give myself some breathing room. I made it to tatting guild in Greenfield this morning. We tatted this clever heading for a tassel Kaye had a nice fat tassel for it to fit over but I just put it on one I'd already made for a macrame cover that was in my box to see how it looks. I'll finish it off later and make the right size tassel.

I've been test-tatting a heart for Martha Ess's upcoming pattern book and also working on my Christmas in July Tin for the tatting exchange. Can't show either one right now.

If you like to put tatting events on your calendar early, the 7th Annual Tat Day in Greenfield is Saturday, August 25 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The theme is a Victorian Tea Party and Kaye will guide us through the evolution of tatting from 18th century knotting to contemporary tatting. In the process, we'll be making embellishments for a Victorian Tatting Tote, which I got a preview of today. There will be a tatted gloves contest - Kaye didn't mention it today! You tat or embellish a pair of gloves with tatting. Lots of door prizes and goodies! Contact Kaye at www.zigzagcorner.com for more information.

1 comment:

  1. TAT day sounds really awesome. I hope you takes lot's of pictures to share :)

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.