Thursday, August 21, 2003

I've been reading this little book about tatting - about one woman's journey of self-discovery in the process of learning to tat. My oh my! I do identify with her! It took me literally weeks also to self-teach myself this craft. I also describe it as my passion - this teasing of thread and air into something delicate and wispy, yet amazingly strong. The search for patterns, the intricacies of dozens of threads. Soother of discomfort.

It's a nice little read. Perfect for the tatter who is temporarily out of commission yet yearns for the world/word of tatting. A nice collection of the myriad of thoughts we all have at one time or another as our shuttle or needle plys the thread.

You can order it from Witt herself by emailing: wittsc@virtual1.net
The cost is $10.00 plus shipping US$.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.