Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Dibs and Dabs

If you knit or crochet or use yarn in crafts, you'll enjoy this site with tons of free patterns.

I was originally drawn to it by a link showing chenille yarn wrapped around a template to create a plush picture frame and in pursuing the links on that page, found this pattern for Crocheted "Heavy Metal" Collar, Belt and Gauntlets. For some reason I find this hilarious.

I also found a headband to knit from the "eyelash yarn". It's the 1st eyelash yarn thing that has really appealed to me to make. Think I can do it in time for my granddaughter's upcoming birthday? I think so - it's quick and easy and I've got a few weeks yet.

Giggle for the day: Dustbunny Facts

Dustbunny Social Life

Dust Bunnies are very prolific. There is no such thing as ONE Dust Bunny. Left to their own vices, dustbunnies will reproduce at alarming rates.

Dustbunnies like to use stereo-systems as their own personal Singles Clubs. Dancing usually takes place on the older models with a LP turntable, as the laser show of the CD drives have been linked to Fur Cancer in studies conducted at DBU.

Believe it or not DISCO is still their favorite music. If you find any dancing on the head of you needle, please remove gently and place off to the side so they can catch their breath.


The page also includes: Where to Find Them, Dustbunny Care, Dustbunny Defenses, and Making Your Home Dustbunny Friendly.

I started writing this yesterday but had to abandon it. Today I found some tatting on a crazy quilt tea cozy.

My work desk is a little more organized - though I have 4 slim piles to find a place for yet. I may need to reorganize my hanging file drawer - a chore for tomorrow.

I started my button project last night. Nothing like waiting until almost the last minute....but it took me awhile to decide for certain what I wanted to make that fit the personality of the receiver. I've actually done one version and am on the next one now. Unfortunately, I will be somewhere tonight and tomorrow night too, so I may end up tatting in the wee hours of the morning to get it out by Friday! Actually, I can take it with me tomorrow night - scrapbooking at my sister's. I still don't have my pictures sorted so I can't start scrapping.


Sheridan, from Sydney, Australia, has tatted this lovely Garden Path edging by Pam Palmer as trim for a lampshade. Isn't that clever?

And Nell pointed out this link to a "bobbinlace" fence! Now where can I put up a fence and who can make it for me????

1 comment:

  1. That lampshade is pretty! I promise I'm not stalking your blog! LOL! It's that whole googly thing I told you about earlier! LOL!
    Happy New Year!
    (((Hugs)))
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.