Friday, July 21, 2006

I wanted to post an adorable photo by Iris Cabin but I couldn't find a link to email her and get permission - not any time soon anyway. So go to her blog and scroll down to see the kitty napping in the thyme! If you click on the photo, it will take you to her Flickr photo spot and you can see some tatting on crazy quilt pieces.

I had a phone message about my fair entries. I got reserve sweepstakes for my shawl and reserve sweepstakes in lace, but I don't know which lace piece. I'm not sure I'll have time to stop in there tomorrow before I come home, but I'll try. Otherwise, I won't know until Saturday afternoon. Greenfield tatting guild is in the morning.

The I.O.L.I. Bulletin arrived a few days ago. There is a beaded hatband by Nina Libin in Bobbie Demmer's column, Thoughts on Tatting. I've been organizing my beads so I've been thinking about new ways to use them.

I was in a second-hand store today and saw a plastic box under the counter. I couldn't see exactly what was in it but I was hoping there was a small hairpin lace fork. There wasn't, but there was a size 16 crochet hook! Also some yarn bobbins, stitch holders,stitch markers, a cable needle, a J hook knitting needle that I've never seen before, and some yarn needles and a size 4 crochet hook. Both hooks had metal caps too. hmmm....I better start using my reading glasses. The size 16 hook now says size 13. LOL! Oh well...for $2, I still got a deal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.