Sunday, April 29, 2007

I may have cited this before but just for kicks and giggles, here is it again. The Knitted Elvis Wig! Get ready for Halloween early. Or maybe you have some kind of summer 50's thing going on. We have "Hot Summer Nights" sometime in July which usually features a lot of 50's stuff. LOL!

I love putting tatting on these lipstick cases. This one was a gift to the secretary in our office who wants to learn to tat. I put 2 shuttles in it and invited her to set a date and I'll teach her.
I'm not sure but I think a short hook and little ball of size 80 thread just might fit into it too.

The pattern for the tiny motif came from a Japanese book, Tatting - by Yusai Shokoin. It was one of the motifs embellishing a little cloth bag. I used size 70 Venus thread.

The edging is a Mary Konior pattern on page 39, Heel and Toe, tatted from Manuela size 20, color 202. It seemed too big and blocky looking for what I had in mind but it will make a nice towel edging if I can find a towel just the right width!
I used the Everlasting Leaves braid on page 38 of the same book to attempt a bookmark. This is tatted in Flora, size 20, color 84. I made a second braid, joining it to the first as I tatted. I'd made a mistake on the first length but it's not exactly popping out. I wasn't pleased enough with it to finish it off as a bookmark. It will go in a sample book instead.

Here's the bracelet I made in my wireworking class at A Time 2 Bead yesterday.
This is the side view. I continued to wear it at my granddaughter's musical that night and while I was holding my great-grandson, one of the wraps that broke near the edge popped out. I haven't found my own tools, which are located in a VERY safe place, to fix it yet. It got a little bent out of shape during the wearing because I kept catching that little piece that was out until I realized what it was - kinda hard in the dark of the play - and then I bent it back out of the way but it had already caused the damage.

1 comment:

  1. I love the lipstick case! It's one of those "I wish I'd thought of that!" ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.