Monday, March 22, 2004

Everytime I go to the Japanese Tatter's webring, I am astounded by the beauty and delicacy of their tatting. On this site today, by Deli*Cre, I found a series of photos. Click on "next" under each picture and you'll see a new one, more beautiful than the one before. She also mentions the book the pattern comes from in English. They photograph their work in such a striking manner too. Very simple, showing the tatting to full advantage. Don't forget to move down the page some on each one. There is often a close-up of a motif to view.

I got my basket from Ethel today! The wrapping was so pretty I hated to open it up! But of course, I did. I love the layered effect of the rings/chains edging and the handle is a unique twisted combination of rings/chains too. There were chocolates in the basket, a box of beads, 2 floss holders of altin basak thread, and a little leather pouch with a dragonfly on it - just big enough to hold one of the chocoates. It was an unexpected surprise today!



My basket for Ethel is done but I'm adding the embellishments now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.