Thursday, July 22, 2004

Cabone Snowflakes



I've been busy working on my tatted bag exchange so I haven't done any more of these snowflakes, but here are three. The silver beads are more sparkly in real life.

I got my back issues of KNOTS a few days ago. I haven't had time to do more than quickly skim through them. Right now I'm looking at a couple of Patti Duffs mini-tats, an angel and a stocking, each about 1 1/4" which will work for our Lace Guild fundraiser tree. And that's a size 20 thread!

Oh, just reading a review of Picot Lace by Sandy Forrington. I saw this book on ebay recently and considered getting it. I'm glad I didn't. It's not tatting at all. Oh, and here are some tips on tatting with metallic threads. I've used them before and just recently tatted a bracelet for my niece which I'll load here shortly. It looks like there were some very talented sisters who contributed to the newsletter on a regular basis - Kristi and Kimberly Donohue. Oh.....LOL! I just keep saying OH! Now I'm seeing Angeline Crichlow's directions on how to make a tatting shuttle out of a plastic barrette. Yes, it's copyrighted so don't ask me to pass it on. I'll have to contact Angeline first. And there's an interesting square pineapple doily by Colleen Crapo. This would look good framed on my living room wall.



The blue bracelet and earrings were for my niece's birthday (angel baby's mom). I basically used Kaye's split ring bracelet pattern and used square metallic beads, as well as bright blue metallic DMC floss, 2 strands. It broke on me 2 times, giving my tongue a workout with words that won't be repeated here.

The red one is size 20 thread and some lovely red beads I found somewhere - it's for my other niece, whose birthday was only a week later than her sister's. She has a little girl, 2 years old, but I don't have any recent pics of her.

And then.............I got my own bracelet and earrings from my friend Nell - an early birthday present! She also sent me a card she made - such tiny thread and beautifully tatted! Thank you Nell! It's always more meaningful to get it from someone else. I wore them Tuesday with my red dress with white polka dots!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.