Thursday, July 01, 2004

Do-Nothing Day

Today was a do-nothing day. I ached so much and was so tired last night when I went to bed, I was out like a light.....only to wake at 4:00 a.m. WIDE AWAKE!

Finally got back to sleep around 7:30 or 8:00 and slept til 10:30. I had a friend coming at noon so got up and put a few things in order - what little I could. I thought I would finish painting later in the day, but as the day wore on, I got more and more tired so I put it off to a fresh start in the morning. Instead, I made out my bills and went into town and got groceries. I've spent a good little bit of time this evening looking for my fair booklet that tells me when to register my entries and such. Entries are made July 14 & 15 but I can pre-register, which I think I'll do.

While I was grocery shopping at Walmart this evening, I picked up a bead magazine with a beaded belt buckle braid that gave me an idea for a tatted necklace/bracelet/hatband.......something along that line.

I returned some library books this evening too, and dropped off some old magazines there. Some I've barely flipped through, but after nearly a year, I figure if I haven't read it, I'm not going to. I used to read every magazine from cover to cover....there is not enough time in the day for that now. Hmmm, sent in my I.O.L.I. membership renewal today too.

I have done some sorting and cleaning in addition to painting so more is being accomplished than I feel like at the moment. Tomorrow I should finish the walls and most of the trim. I'll do the baseboard after we take up the carpet. Then there's that business of putting everything back. I'm only putting the bare minimum back since carpeting won't arrive for 2-3 weeks. They are backed up since the floods have initiated a lot of replacement carpeting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.