Thursday, September 29, 2005

Check out the 2006 Exchange Schedule by Mary Donohue. She's got the whole year mapped out so you can pick and choose what you want to take part in. Exchanges are always fun and they kind of push you to do a better job. I sort of cringe at my first exchanges, but if it hadn't been for them, I never would have had something to aspire to. I had never seen any tatting besides my own before I took part in an exchange and I really didn't know if I was doing it right or not. Well...the stitches slid, so that part was right, but I had a LOT to learn. Bless those early exchangers who sent me such beautiful work.

The Shuttle Maker....
Bummer - is no longer making shuttles. Glad I got what I did.



Another stab at the vintage diamond motif - this time with block tatting. I like the block tatting better than the oval rings or chain rings, but the instructions definitely did not describe block tatting! I guess you could call MY interpretation of it.

I've been working on some ornament covers as a project for my lace group. Not my pattern, but from friend Hope. They were for smaller balls though so I find myself adding beads....and in fact, I may do something completely different for one. It's kind of a pain to string the beads for so many. During lunch today, I threaded a bunch of crystal clear beads on red thread. I'm not sure I'll like it. The red thread shows through the bead and I'm trying to visualize what kind of effect that will create. Ooops...ideas bumping about...now I have to play....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.