Saturday, May 26, 2007

testing...more later....I added the songspot last night which suddenly does not work but IE7 is one bug for them and "publishing" might do it too. Lovely song, btw, and they recommend Foxfire browser but that's impractical for me at the moment. Off to tatting guild now!


Okay, back from Tattng Guild in Greenfield and see what I bought? Well...no...it's not actually shown, but I bought the Crazy Cords Motorized Crafts Cord Maker and made a cord to add to the snowflake, turning it into a bookmark!

This pattern is Snowburst by Teri Dusenbury. I was intrigued by the way the rings slanted against each other. I know I've made another one similar to this, as far as the rings, by someone else, but I can't find it right now. Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, I've been making bookmarks to tuck inside some books I've been giving away. I have plans for playing with this motif too. I made one mistake on a ring...giving it an extra picot which I didn't see until I was ready to join from the other side, so I kind of fudged on it. If you do it....I put 8 yards of size 30 thread on each shuttle. That would have been plenty if I hadn't messed up and cut a whole point out to do over. Then I barely had enough on one shuttle, but I switched it with the other one which still had a yard or so on it and it worked out fine.

This pretty little Flower for Mary was designed and taught to us by kaye Judt today. I just used what thread I had on shuttles so the colors are not stirkingly pretty. This might be a nice little decoration for my Tatting Trash to Treasures bag.

I want to tat some more of Teri's snowflakes. One I really like is in a raw schematic only so that will be quite the challenge. In the meantime, our rainy day seems to be clearing up. I've already made a pasta salad and deviled eggs. I need to go buy more eggs for a cake I'm making.

I have to mention here that Jennifer at the Zig Zag Corner is the most wonderful baker. She always has such wonderful fat-enriching desserts for us. Today there was a delightful concoction of chocolate, coconut, pecans, and cream cheese. I can't tell you how many diet plans she has short-circuited. I decided to give up and enjoy it!

BTW, the music works!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.