Sunday, June 07, 2009

Mission Impossible???


Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to transform this mysterious object (aka vintage plastic doily) into its modern day counterpart - a TRUE TATTED DOILY! Or any part thereof.


Investigate it fully, turning in every direction possible. Leave no curlicue unturned. It may be a necklace or a collar, cloaking the discovery to some fine clue!


It may be a fan, an insert, or a corner bookmark! But...WHATEVER YOU DO.......DON'T.......



LET PEDRO SEE YOU!!!!!!



I'm NOT procrastinating! I've completed 9 binders and needed to get off the floor. My butt & my back hurt! So I started a load of laundry and while I was in the bedroom, I found a package of these on the closet floor. I got them 2nd hand somewhere to use as a stencil to spray paint over....a bookshelf or something for my craft room, of course. Anyway...wouldn't it be beautiful tatted????

Go for it!!!! and link back here so I can see what you've done!

10 comments:

  1. Nightmare. A real and true nightmare. A doily. A challenge. No brain to work with. I'm outa here!!! GREAT idea, though. Trust Gina!!!! Now go get a LARGE cuppa tea and leave the sorting for later!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina, that sounds like a great challenge and one I would LOVE to do if I weren't doing 2 exchanges and trying to tat 2 other bookmarks for 2 peeps that really have been a big help this past week. I just wanted to let you know that even tho' I probably won't participate that I think it's a great idea and I can't wait to see what everyone else who is up to this fabulous challenge does with it. Wow, was that a run-on sentence, or what? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, if I only had the time! Why, oh, why did I sign up for three classes this summer? I could have been tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry cannot accept the challenge its just toooooooooooo difficult, but the plastic doily look fantastic in tatting. You must be well pleased though with your tidying exercise, wish someone would do mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No deadline ladies! Take as long as you like! This blog post will NOT self-destruct!

    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks so pretty and I may have to take a stab at it once my UFOs get finished up... Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm....veddy veddy eenteresting!

    ....who's pedro?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, interesting. Heather just posted a necklace with what looks like some of those same eliments in it, but she needle tats, you should see it. Hmmm, how could I do that with a shuttle...? This could take awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes - Another time-gobbler!! It is a real challenge, though.....
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! and will likely have to tackle the challenge once things calm down a bit (I am still between two places and working on T.A.T.).

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.