Thursday, February 15, 2007



I started crocheting this little bag when I was off with the snowstorm. I found the pattern in an April 1994 issue of Crafts. I wanted to use up some crochet cotton I have and this seemed like a good opportunity. This is the front with the buttom trim.




And this is the back. The pattern looks almost knitted, but it's crocheted. After a few rounds of double crochet, the pattern stitch was (half double crochet, single crochet) in same stitch, skip 1 double crochet, repeat around.


Now here is the photo for the bag. Doesn't look the same, does it? I can't figure out what the deal is. I used the same size thread and same size hook. This does NOT look like the same pattern stitch. The beads are to be sewn in later which I decided not to do and I added a scallop edging along the top.





Here's a close up of the pattern stitch, which is clearly looser and more open. I'll put the bag in our Lace Day raffle - maybe with a bar of soap in it or something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.