Monday, March 19, 2007


This leaf braid is the final touch for the mask. It will go along the upper edge, hiding where I insert the "hair" strands. It's in one of Mary Konior's books, the blue one. She has several variations of it in all of her books.

The eyelashes worked out perfectly. Initially, I wanted them to curl out but I was happy to get them stiffened and slightly curled. I may add a dark line to the lower eyelid. I should have kept track of the number of hours I have in this, but I didn't. I also wish I'd enlarged the nose holes before I started. I still can, but if I mess up.......I'll be so upset. It feels like everything is going to fog up when I breathe with it on.

I'll still have time to complete the RPL mask but I'm not sure if I will or not. I only have to couch down one more cord and then I can do the filling stitches, which will be fast if I can figure out how I want to fill the spaces in. I think I'll skip my idea for the Irish Crochet one. Too much work at this point.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.