Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The night I should have been studying for a test (which I passed), I ended up tatting some motifs from Patti Duff's Minitats. The motifs were designed for size 20 thread and work out to between 1 and 1 1/2 inches each, but I'm using Coats machine quilting thread #50 Egypt so they are coming out even smaller. This is #1 through #4. I think I'll do #4 over. Or maybe I just need to block it. Anyway, this thread tats up more colorfully than it looks on the spool. I'm thinking it will look good on the denim bag I'm doing for Tatting Treasures from Trash challenge. Providing I can find the denim bag again. It's utter chaos here since both boys moved in but it's only for a few weeks and then I'll be able to find things again. I'm thinking all 69 motifs will probably fit on the bag. I was just going to tat them all as samples, thinking they would be quick and it would make me more familiar with the book when I'm thinking of something specific. I'll probably have to add beads too, you know. Of course. (VBG)

Here's the heart I'm test-tatting for Martha Ess. Isn't it gorgeous? I was looking through my internet printouts last night - actually looking for something else, but I came across the pages I had printed out several years ago from the round robin exchanges of the hearts I especially admired and this is one of them. I had a couple more printed out which I'm pretty sure will be in the book too so tie yourself down when the book comes out...you'll be over the moon otherwise! I'm thinking this would be such a beautiful addition to a scrapbook or a quilt or as a very special card. And this isn't all there is to it! You'll see when I get those tatted up too.

I had some requests recently for the pattern of the triangular gift bags I made a few years ago. I had them in the file section of my yahoo group but no way to post them publicly. And then....when looking at Mary Donohue's website, I realized e-snips was an option so I created an account and uploaded the file there. The link is over to the right under "patterns". It will take you to the folder with patterns but you'll have to click on which one you want. As I have time, I'll add my other designs, all 3 or 4 of them. LOL!
Fireworks

2 comments:

  1. LOL - looking through internet patterns you've printed out is the slippery slope! I was "looking" for a PP basket pattern I remembered printing and instead found the note card basket with tatted flowers tutorial from Handy Hands. (printed out in 2001) I went out and bought a tatting needle 3 weeks ago and now have a new obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Yep...see what happens! Every time I go looking, I end up with a stack of a dozen or so projects I forgot I wanted to try. I went to your blog...very nice stuff there...I'm going to have to try a fabric postcard one of these days...
    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.