Thursday, May 15, 2008

May Mystery Motif Revealed!


What a nice collection, eh? Everyone got it right. I turned them all in the same direction but there is no up/down that it is supposed to be. I am so impressed at how much better we tat compared to the original motif but perhaps the tatter was making a deadline and didn't block it?

This is again from the January 1921 Needlcraft magazine on page 26 by Alice A. Brackett. The collar is made with 9 medallions joined to a double row of rings that were 3-3-3-3 and alternated back and forth.



Finally! I got Bob's amulet bag done. (later) He called and really liked it - kept asking how many beads were in there. LOL! 560 in case you are wondering.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures! Everyone did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thanks for sharing the pictures. We all did a good job, huh? That was fun and I look forward to the next one? I love the amulet bag. I absolutely have to make one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina, Your tatted bag is very nice. I have made this one a few times and it is easier than it looks.

    Thanks for sharing the pictures of everyone's mystery motif. I love to see everyone's motif and thread colors used.

    Happy Tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the bag is very easy once you get all the beads strung. This one is quite masculine and I've made others that I like a lot better. If you put in a search at the top for "amulet bags", those entries will come up. Tags weren't around when I started the blog and I don't want to go back & try to add them in. The search engine works just as well anyway.
    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I really like the variety of the mystery motifs and wow...so nicely tatted!
    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gina! I'm new to tatblog land. I had lots of fun tatting your mystery motif today and decided it was a pansy and redid it to show it to the world in all it's pansy glory. Lookng forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.