Wednesday, May 07, 2008

May Mystery Motif

I'm a little late on this one - I try to have it ready the 1st of the month. So as you are anxiously awaiting Jane's next installment on her TIAS, you can give this a go. I'll post a photo on the 15th. I've already tried this one out and see no major issues.


#60 was used for the model
Commence at center of medallion

1. A ring of 6 double knots, picot, (2 double knots, picot) 12 times, 6 double knots, close;
2. a 2nd ring, made in same way and close to 1st, joining by 1st picot to last picot of preceding ring; make 3d and 4th rings in same way, joining each to preceding, and joining last also to 1st. Fasten off securely.
3. A ring of 2 double knots, picot, 2 double knots, join to 3d free picot of ring of last row, 2 double knots, picot, 2 double knots, close;
4. *a chain of 6 double knots, picot, (3 double knots, picot) 3 times, 6 double knots;
5. a ring, as before, joining by 1st picot to last picot of preceding ring, and by middle picot to 2d following picot of large, ring, missing 1 picot of the latter;
6. repeat from * twice;
7. a chain,
8. a ring, joining by middle picot to 5th free picot of 2d large ring;
9. a chain;
10. a ring, joined by 1st picot to last picot of preceding ring, and by middle picot to 2d picot of large ring following;
11. a chain;
12. a ring joining by middle picot to 3d free picot of 3d large ring;
13. (a chain; a ring, joining to preceding as before, and to following 2d picot of same large ring) 3 times,
14. a chain of 6 double knots, picot, (3 double knots, picot) 7 times, 6 double knots;
15. a ring, joining by middle picot to 6th free picot of 4th large ring;
16. a chain, like last made, and join at base of 1st ring; fasten off.

5 comments:

  1. I've printed out your mystery medallion. I missed the last one, so here we go! Thanks for the work you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What no pic yet? Okay, I guess I'll give it a whirl. I'm not a good tatter without pics, I'm just warnng you. My motif might end up looking upside down or inside out...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe..NO PIC is the point. Can you interpret written instructions? I agree, most of us are visual, but many of the old patterns were printed without pictures or pictures that only gave you a general idea of the shape. This will sharpen your interpretive skills - so that even when tatting from a photo only, you'll have an idea have to achieve it. I've gotten one completed motif already and it was right so I don't think this one is too hard.

    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started this one Wednesday night before I went to surgery yesterday. I would be finished by now if not for that. It is going to be lovely and I enjoy not knowing what I'm making. I've had no problem with it so far. Maybe I can finish it tomorrow. I've slept all day today! Thanks for doing this for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finished and the picture is it's way to you! I hope I got it right.

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.