Thursday, October 22, 2009

I was just glancing at my blog, the overall look of it and noticed the archives. I started blogging in 2003 and blogged 236 posts that year. I haven't blogged that many posts in a year since then and it wasn't even a full year! LOL!

The reason I mention this is because I've read posts from other bloggers, not just tatters, bloggers in general everywhere, who feel committed to posting every single day and then they beat themselves up when they don't. Why? I've always wondered that - really, why?

I write. I write a lot. I've written newsletters for various organizations and contributed articles to publications both lace related and work related. It finally dawned on me one day that I am an author, a published writer!

I always wanted to write a book and have taken writing courses and attended a few workshops or writer's gatherings but never really, truly, honestly considered myself a writer. Until that moment. It didn't even occur to me that I was published. I was never paid for what I wrote and I guess my definition of being published was actually about being paid.

I've had friends encourage me to write online where I could be paid, but I want the cold hard paper publication that can be seen when the power is off or the server dies. I suppose that belief or definition doesn't serve me all that well either, but there you have it.

Anyway....all that from a thought about posting. Well, I also got an email about NaNoWriMo. I have yet to finish a novel in the month of November. I haven't even really tried - I just tried to accomplish the word count by using my blog entries for that month. Maybe this time I'll write real stuff that goes together!

I continue to tat on the beaded bag and am on the 5th round now. I plan to get back to the software lesson in the Design Tat group this weekend, as well as finish up winterizing. I'm itching to sew and embroider for some reason. All that magazine culling is making me want to do all those projects I've been putting off for one reason or another.

OH....I ordered two of those patterns from the little dress quilt blocks last week and they arrived on Monday! Fast! She told me they would be sent out by Monday. I keep finding tatting books or printouts too.

My lace guild is having a formal display through the Tippecanoe Arts Federation next year. We had to submit an application with photos to be accepted for an exhibition. Now I've got to figure out what I will make that will be "exhibit-worthy".

Okay, one last reminder for tomorrow's giveaway of the Rubber Stamper magazine! Post a comment on that entry which is HERE and you'll go in the hat for the drawing. Do not post anonymously. I have no idea who Anonymous is or how to contact Anonymous so the name, Anonymous, will NOT go in the hat. I'll draw it at noon on Friday. Hopefully that will give me time to contact the winner and verify a mailing address so I can get it in the mail on Saturday!

Someone asked about the occasion....no occasion, I'm just continue to declutter and this keeps it from getting too boring. Besides, maybe someone will make me one of those delightful tea cards that I will never have time to make for myself. (ulterior motive apparent now!)

5 comments:

  1. I like this post a lot! Funny, I've thought of you as a published writer ever since I found your blog... you're my blog hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never felt the need to blog every single day! I think I'd go bonkers if I thought I had to make that kind of commitment. For me, it's quality over quantity for sure.
    I had read your blog long before I ever started mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NaNoWriMo! Did it in 2006! What a blast! : ) Fox

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny. I blog most days but that's because I've got a big mouth and a lot to say!!!! Not found it something I've 'got to do'!!!!!!
    Good luck with your writing - I LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Jane has got a "big mouth"!!! he he. I think writing is very therapeutic, sometimes its easier to put down in words what you are feeling than try and express them outloud, especially when no one is listening! I just wouldn't have the time to committ myself to a blog entry everyday, its hard enough keeping up with everyone elses! Good luck with your writing.

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.