Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This is one of my favorite angel patterns, by Martha Ess. I tatted it for my friend and coworker whose birthday was Tuesday.

I have 5 more repeats for the sixth row on the beaded bag. Still have several rows to go. I can do about half a round per evening. The lighting is bad here but when I'm finished, I'll make sure it's color-true and clear.

I stopped at Trader Buck's on Monday night to see if that one booth vendor ever brought in her mother's shuttles and tatting stuff. This is about the 3rd time I've stopped and while they've added new stuff, none of it seems to be in the line of tatting or any kind of needlework. So...I end up buying other stuff in other booths! I love this Christmas tin. Only $1.00.

Inside, there were about two dozen crocheted snowflakes, big ones in big thread, all starched up very nicely. Unfortunately, I don't really care for them so will probably pass them on somewhere.

I loved this little vase - butterflies inside and out! I think it needs a little tatted doily to go under it ~ one that has butterflies around the edge.

There was this sweet old fashioned sort of shabby chic candy dish too. I believe this was $3.00. Everything else was $1.00 or less!

This plate has a stubborn sticker on it. I'll have to soak it off. I thought the flowers showed up better than they did. Have you noticed something about the lattice hole pattern around the outer edge? They are not consistent. Only one is evenly spaced in a 2/3/2 arrangement. All the others are 3/3/2 or 3/3/1, depending on the angle you view it from.

This is a close-up of the flowers on the plate.

I have just got to find a way to display all these romantic precious beauties!

5 comments:

  1. Those are some wonderful finds! Luckily, there are no places like that really close to me. I have enough addictions as it is! Do you have a pattern in mind for a butterfly doily?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The angel is cute and so is the Bag in Progress (BIP) ;)
    Your new dish is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The angel is just beautiful! Love the colors. Wow! What great finds. My house is done in cottage decor, so I'm always on the look-out for those types of pieces. The candy dish is just the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful angel she needs to be in my heaven!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet angel and nifty finds. I'm sure however you display them and on whichever doily, they'll look like they 'go together.'

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.