Tuesday, December 15, 2009

TTT 12/15/09

Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage. ~ Catherine Douzel

Wabash, Indiana is about an hour and a half from Lafayette and we timed it to have plenty of time to eat before the comedy show. There was a gift shop my sister and her friend especially liked but when my sister called earlier, they said they closed at 5:00 p.m. and we knew it would be a little after 5:00 before we got there. Since it is the holiday season, I encouraged her to call and see if they were possibly staying open later. Well....they still closed at 5:00 p.m. but someone was there and as long as they knew someone was on their way, they would stay open!

It's one of those delightful places with so much to oooh and aaaah over. The displays were exceptionally beautiful. The female half of the owners said she's been doing this for years and you can tell she has an eye for it. It's called The D Shoppe and is located at 2 West Market Street in Wabash. I have no idea what the "D" stands for.

Since I've already got more tea-for-ones than I have room for, I try to be very selective about buying new ones. I found 4 in this shop, 3 by Tracy Porter and one by someone in Ohio. Did you know they have designer tea-for-ones? LOL! The first Tracy Porter pot I got was when I visited a friend in Montreal in 2003 and he took me to an antique store. Back then I was buying a tea-for-one from every place I traveled to so when I spied one in the antique store, I had to have it. I had no clue who Tracy Porter was or that they were collectibles. I got it fairly cheap and didn't know what I had til I got home. She definitely has her own style. I don't like all of them and I wavered between this one and one that had fall leaves on it. The other one had a really funky thing on the lid, worse than this one so this one won out. LOL! It was a little less than the one from Ohio too and I didn't like the OH one as much either. Anyway, this is it!

It's always fun when there is something inside the cup too. Underneath it has Tracy Porter's signature, but of course....it's made in China so it's only her design, not her handpainted pot.

I went to the pool tonight so I'm home late. I'm playing a dangerous game. I was putting the finishing touch on ___________ for my SS recipient and decided I had to tat something for it too. Ahhhh....I'm running out of time and instead of coming straight home and tatting, what did I do? I played in the pool. I meant to do that on my lunch hour but the temperatures took a sudden and severe dive this morning and I'd already been out twice before 11:00 a.m. I opted to stay warm and cozy til I had to go out in the afternoon! It's getting so dry again that my fingers are beginning to crack. One of the bad things about aging is that your skin gets thinner and it doesn't take diddly to split it open! Tiny little spots but they're only going to get bigger. So before they do that, turn into BIG cracks, I'm going to go tat as much as I can in the next hour and then sleep with vaseline and gloves on my hands!

Hope you've all enjoyed your tea and tatting ( or beverage of choice ).

3 comments:

  1. Love your picture on the blog - very festive. Now you've got your son living with you perhaps you should be collecting 'tea for two's'!!!!! Is there such a thing?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane's comment has got that song playing in my head..."tea for two...and two for tea..." LOL!

    As tea-for-ones go, this one IS unusual. For me, the mustard-y color is a bit jarring. Perhaps it was a trendy color the season it was made?

    If it brews a nice cuppa, it's all good!

    Thanks for joining in TTT, especially during this hectic holiday season. I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually an olive green but the color did not show up well at all. It's definitely not the prettiest one I have.

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.