Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tatting Tea Tuesday 5/18/10

I'm glad I started this early! Turns out my new granddaughter may very well be born today!

I get mail from my readers every so often, some with questions and some just to say hi and some like to show me something they made that was inspired by something on my blog. Melissa, known as BeeLizbeth online, doesn't have a blog so I asked permission to post what she made.



This was my gift for my mother for Mothers Day. She loved it. It's based on the Square Teapot from Martha Ess' "Tea Is for Tatting." It's made from "Yarnplayer's" Celery, size 20, "Lady Shuttle Maker's" Victorian Valentine, size 50 and some Lizabeth white size 20. I mounted it on a pin back but it was easier to scan before doing that. ~ Melissa

Isn't that creative???? I forgot all about this tea brooch that I posted about last October! And that reminds me, a local library is having Wednesday Tea, with a speaker and all the tea and cookies you can consume (nicely). I'll have to find my pin and wear it along with some earrings I have!

I was hoping I would have time to stitch up a teabag sachet like the one found here at Mademoiselle Chaos but it wasn't to be.

I didn't even have time to email and ask for permission to post photos of the last link and this one. This one is not tatted either but I'm sure it could be. It's a teacup saucer and cup on a ring found at the Bugs & Monstors Etsy Shop.

Okay, ya'll sip your favorite tea, pick up your shuttle and imagine me holding a healthy, beautiful baby girl! Yes, I'm taking my camera!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the soon to be Grandma. Hope all goes well and you will be holding her soon.

    The tea brooch is lovely and a sweet gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to Ellie and her mum today! Very exciting!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brooch is dainty!
    Where do people put the tea brooch actually?
    New granddaughter? I bet you have many lovely granddaughters! life must be so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck to mum and grandmum-to-be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all goes well with momma and baby. How exciting! What kind of grandma would you be if you didn't take your camera?! The thing with new babies is you want to hold the baby AND take the picture! Congratulations to the entire family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THat is soooo beautiful! I will have to get her book. My Mother would love it. She is a Tea-aholic. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chomping at the bit to hear the joyous news of your grand-baby's arrival! Best of luck to you and your daughter and newest grand-daughter-to-be!

    Your tatted tea set (complete with sugar cube) is such a treat. After seeing it, now I must have one for Tatting Tea Tuesday wear. I will try to make my own, but most likely will ask BeeLizbeth, considering the string of tatting snafus I have been having lately.

    Thanks for sharing this great Tatting Tea Tuesday post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see lots of pictures of the new tatter when she arrives. Maybe she will grow up to be a needle tatter!?!(Just kidding!!!) Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.