Wednesday, July 21, 2010

One more time!

This time I used size 40 thread and 3 colors. The center is done with a Perfect Quilter thread that I thought matched the size 40 of the other two but I think it's smaller now that it's done. No split chain since I wasn't going to continue with the same color. The middle part is a Coats size 40 and the outside is Venus size 40. I was kind of hoping for that same stained glass effect but it might show up more if I reversed the first two colors as the center is the more colorful of the two. I don't know what it is about this that makes me keep wanting to try something new with it!

You can see here with the size 20 and the size 40 side by side how they differ in size. I scanned them side by side with two different colored backgrounds. White doesn't show up on the white back of the scanner and the dark paper absorbs the darker motif.

See? One idea leads to another......here they are layered! Okay, I'm done for now. Did you notice how much better the white motif looks since I blocked it properly???

5 comments:

  1. I love that motif! It's interesting to see the size comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the layered look. I wonder if you'd get the stained glass effect with three different size threads and the pattern layered using a diffeent colour for each layer. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suztats - it would be interesting to see 3 colored layers in different sized threads but I'm already off on another project! If you try it yourself, I'd love to see it.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think tatting the same pattern in various colours really make it look so different. I like how the white one looks with the purple background.

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.