Sunday, July 18, 2010

Well, here is the big winner, the necklace and earrings I tatted and then tried to Scotchguard which turned the beads green. Who knew it would be the winner?

My next big winner was an embroidered bag. Big surprise there but I'm not sure there were any other items in that category - well, had to be as they would get the purple ribbon.

The booties got a blue ribbon. I felt almost sick though when I saw they had all the small items out in the open. They used to have them under glass.

Got a blue for the bookmark too.

Another blue ribbon for the Romanian Point Lace I did last year.

I also got a blue on the Irish Crochet pincushion and red on both the needlelace leaves and my little pouch.

It was so very hot that I didn't stay long. I was already annoyed that the drive where they let people in had no parking so you just drove out but it was blocked by an incoming semi and following those were pickup trucks hauling something else - tractors, maybe. I just thought it was very poor planning. Plus having my items out in the open for any ole five finger pickup didn't set well with me.

I saw one other tatted item and one crocheted doily. Everything else was yarn which is a different category. So....did I even have any competition in my categories? Oh well...my point in exhibiting is to remind people that lacemaking is alive and well.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! No matter how much competition you had, you still did your best and that is what matters, and that people get to see tatting!!! Enjoy your ribbons for all the work you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your ribbons! Good work. I would have been worried about the items being out in the open as well.

    I will be interested to see if I have any competition with tatting - I'm sure there won't be many if any at all. But, as you say, it will be a reminder that lacemaking is still out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big congrats to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Gina! Competition or not, they are all so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Gina! It's wonderful that you made such a great showing and that people will get to enjoy seeing your beautiful creations. I'm with you though, I'd RATHER people were seeing them under glass. It's been a long time since I've been to a fair!
    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! Congrats on your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesssss! Congratulations and a big thank you for taking Tat-land beyond known borders!
    Kudos to you!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many, many congratulations on all the ribbons. You deserve each and every one of them. If I could give out ribbons I'd give you a BIG blue one for being 'Gina'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your ribbons. Well done in showing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! What good news. All your pieces are lovely and I just love the Romanian point lace piece you did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, so many things winning prizes. Makes us all jump for joy and shows that we women don't just sit and do nothing. Also lets others out there know about tatting and needle work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting! It is thrilling just to look at your lovely work, so I can imagine how happy you are to have the ribbons as well as the finished products :)

    Romanian Point Lace is another craft that is on my 'to-do' list. Does it have a form of needlelace inside of the braid?

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.