I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted one of these! I posted #6 last on March 27th. I had this part done by Lace Day on April 9th. This is still Plate 1 and it's figure 4 in the series from D.M.C. Tatting.
I'm always in awe of the neat and consistent stitching in the brochure's samples. I'd like to know what their process was.
Again, this is tatted in DMC 20 Special Cordonnet. I was able to climb out of the center by making a split ring at the last ring where the rings joined but I could NOT figure out a way to go from one motif to the next without cutting and tying.
So I joined each motif as I tatted it to the previous motif. It really wasn't a big deal since I was only making the 4 motifs but if I were making an insertion of any length, this would be one of those long-term ongoing projects.
I was really unhappy with the crochet part. It was easy to do but it just looks so loose and poorly tensioned. I'll have to check my notes, but I believe I used a smaller thread since that seemed to work on the last insertion.
It did inspire me to try out something I've been thinking about - tatting the transition row and using the picots to make the heading. This was as far as I got before getting sidetracked. I don't remember where I was going with this so hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to play with it more. I'll write up the instructions then too. I just wanted to at least get it posted. At this rate, it may take me years to finish the challenge!
5 Radical Raspberry Pi Projects for Our Pal Wil Wheaton
19 minutes ago