Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Here is the Canopy Bookmark from Martha Ess's new book, Playing With Picots.

It turned out to be a quick tat, good practice for split rings and using a picot gauge. It takes about 8 yards total plus extra for the tassle if you use a tassle tail. I do have some beads for the tassle that are a perfect match in color but I hesitate to use them since I bought them in Ireland years ago and have found since then that when wet, they lose their brilliant color like so many blue and purple beads do. I've already blocked it so it's unlikely I will need to wet it again unless it gets really dirty for some reason so I may tie some on anyway.

Don't forget to sign up for the magazine giveaway if you haven't already! You have to comment on THAT POST and be sure there is a way to contact you within the comment.

14 comments:

  1. Do you know what word that bookmark brings to my mind (courtesy of brain cell 3)? Ethereal. That's what it looks/feels like to me. Ethereal. Lovely word and such a pretty thread and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like very much this bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You chose a beautiful thread to make the bookmark, Gina! I love Martha's patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina is beautiful, beautiful.
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty and the thread is a fantastic colour. It looks very fine and Jane has nailed it : ethereal. Could be from from Dragonslayer or Avalon...
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving everything I see from that book. It's on my Christmas list :) Maybe I should add some HDT to that list too - the color you used is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:39 PM

    Oh what a pretty bookmark. The colour is wondrous!
    ~umintsuru~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh what an awesome looking bookmark!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful bookmark, gorgeous colour, I keep seeing some lovely patterns from this book so its going on my wish list.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to making this bookmark, yours is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Makes me think "Southern Belle". Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.