Sunday, October 30, 2011

I was ingtrigued by "Mary's Butterfly" and finally found where the pattern was. You can access it HERE. Click on the word that says "aici". This one is done in Yarnplayer's Maple Sugar HDT. I didn't wind enough thread on at first so had to add more which meant ends to hide. Sigh....I seem to be doing that a lot these days. It takes about 4 yards on the shuttle.







I also tatted A Happy Bookmark from Martha's new book, Playing with Picots. It already has a home. Today is my son-in-law's birthday. This is also Yarnplayer's HDT - Forest.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous butterfly, I have not tired the pattern yet but I have already fallen in love with it. Its a lovely pattern.
    I love your bookmark, I will have to get this book, its on my wish list at the moment.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty butterfly, Gina, and nice color for the bookmark. I love Yarnplayer's HDT....well, all HDT......heck! I love all thread.....!
    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This adorable butterfly is a real winner! Marilee's thread is perfect for Autumn colors!

    I'm so happy that "God's Kid" ("Tatting" blog) got me all mesmerized about this butterfly by "Mary", and I printed out the pattern immediately. (The language apparently is Romanian but, happily, it's easy to understand the basic pattern!) As is apparent on Mary's blog (begun in 2010) she has many other hobbies, but her 'Tatting" tab shows a lot of tatting, and if I understand the internet translations, she is a relatively 'new' tatter. She certainly 'took off' with it! She shows a beautiful bracelet that also uses this 'layered' look.

    I made my first butterfly the other day and am amazed how it uses just one shuttle! It's really a wonderful pattern for seeing the colorways of variegated threads. In size 20 it's perfect for my pendants! I'll be tatting MANY of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That butterfly is fabulous in those great autumn colors!!!
    And I really like that bookmark too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.