Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Belated Anniversary for Tatting Goddess

It ran through my mind once, but was promptly forgotten. Somewhere in the middle of last month, TG marked 2 blog years. I gotta find a way to back up the archives! Blogger doesn't make it all that easy. I go the archive file changed so it shows on the side now.

A few weeks ago I started tatting the ripple pattern in Mary Maynard's Tatting a 4 Square Ring.



It's turning out pretty big....I finished the second row during lunch and it's 8 1/2" long and 1" wide so far, tatting in size 20 thread. I plan to try it in solid contrasting colors too....or maybe a rainbow sprectrum of colors.

I've also been playing with the stacked or ruffled picots, but I don't have them scanned right now. I really like the effect. I'm trying to figure out how to get a 2 color effect. I would have to use 2 shuttles, perhaps in a similar manner to this technique of tatting square rings. It's not like celtic picots or Mark's Daisy Picot.

I ordered an online pattern from Beads and Handworks yesterday and somehow ordered the wrong one or received the wrong one. The numbers on the confirmation do not match what I ordered or what I got, but the company very graciously replaced it with the right one this morning. I have no idea when I will get to it but I would love for it to be SOON! LOL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.