Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Ahhh....much better!




I still need to block and starch it but you can see already what a difference minor changes made. I did everything the same until I got to the final round, plus I also used a size 50 Altin Basak which is actually more like size 20/30. On the last round, I did not use the fishing line. I kept the picots as in the original pattern and I also added a bead from the ring thread onto the chain between picots. It added an extra stitch, but you can see the loops curve very nicely now and the picots add that delicate touch that was missing from the last one. So...anyone want to count how many hearts in total there are?




I slid it on the cord too, just to see how it looked. The variegated thread in the heart kept it from being a stark contrast. BTW,t he beads are also a variegated mixture. Some are dark pink and some are almost transparent and then there are those between.



And here's a shuttle I've been working on. I'm going to add some paint embellishments too.

Today was a full day. I DID work this morning until about 10:30 when I needed to head over to the Co-Rec to help serve drinks with the meal. I spent an hour filling paper cups with ice. We have close to 20,000 employees. Even if only half participate, that's a good size crowd. Immediately after serving, I went to the food line, thinking I only had 1/2 hour to get my food and eat before the softball game started. After eating, I saw Kim on my way out of the building and she stopped me to tell me the game didn't start until 1:30!

The sun was shining brightly but it wasn't too warm - a magnificent day, indeed. It was a co-ed team, meaning it had to have at least 3 females. We didn't do badly. We lost 7-8 and actually, it was called because of time. You play 5 innings or 50 minutes, whichever comes first. It was great fun! Then we socialized a bit and eventually I came home ......and mowed until the raindrops started falling. That was my cue to come in and fix dinner and tat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.