Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I got SO MUCH done yesterday! I went to the Farmer's Market - not much there yet, but I bought a few tomato plants and a few herb plants. I got more sheet protectors and hope to sort all those printouts and get them in their respective binders in the next few days. I cleaned out the fridge which really wasn't too bad, and both my lazy susans in the kitchen are cleaned out. Countertops and other cabinets are next. I also mowed last night which involves quite a bit of ground but I'm glad I finished it since it rained all night and everything is soaked again and cold out.


So last night, I was tired earlier for a change since I got up earlier and stayed up, but I still wanted to tat a little something. I haven't tatted in DAYS! So I started this earring pattern and got one done, finishing the second one today. I used size 20 thread and 25 beads for each color for each earring so that's 50 beads of each color for the pair. I used beads in the joins which the author didn't do, but I just like it that way. The pattern is at Free-Tatting.com which appears to be a Russian site. I'm not sure what is meant by the phrase "This pattern is an author", but I think the person is trying to say that if you use the pattern, you should credit this site. There is no actual name of a person that I can find.

It took me about 45 minutes for each earring which included stringing the beads and winding the shuttle so it's a fairly quick tat. I'm sure making more will speed it up too. This pair is for a friend or I'd put them in the fair, but since it's so quick to tat, I may make another pair just for the fair. I scanned them before I smoothed out that bottom part on the left where I hid a thread and it looks much better now.

6 comments:

  1. What pretty earrings! They remind me of the Yin-Yang symbol, but so much more delicate and airy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what they remind me of too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those; thank you for the link. They'll probably take me a lot longer :) but it looks like it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are beautiful! love your use of beads in alternating colours. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that somebody else in Tat Land had made those too yesterday. Wonder who it was. I know I'm going to HAVE to make myself a pair. They are SO pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty Gina, and good luck at the fair. pretty sachet too.

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.