Friday, September 17, 2010

I stumbled across this vintage lace that I bought in a baggie in a thrift store somewhere along the way. There is quite a bit of some of it but most of it has a damaged spot here and there. I think the bullion centers in the top tatted piece were either crocheted or done by needle and thread before being joined to in the tatting. I might take these to my next dye session but I'm also thinking of embellishing a sampler pillow with them.

I tatted one of Bjorne's snowflakes in these bright neon colors. I've done this flake before, in tiny gold thread that kept breaking. I need to do a plain simple white one and then dye it!

Right before I left work this evening, I sketched out an edging based on that bicolor rose in the last post designed by Carla. I didn't tat it yet but I hope to this weekend. Carla will probably get the first peek.

My time is pretty tight over the next week, but I hope to spend some time playing with my drawing program so that I can diagram decently. Ruth Ann Adams sent me a tatted scene she made and I want to diagram her pattern for her. It's just a matter of finding the time. I need to get permission from her to show it but I think if I do that you will be very impressed.

Oh how I wish I had the energy to be productive for 24 hours straight sometimes!

5 comments:

  1. I love the look of block tatting in two colors. This one looks like a tropical flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snowflake. I like the colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we don't just need energy we need extra hours in every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most snowflakes can be used as motifs in many other ways. This one never seems like a "snowflake" to me. I like calling it a tropical flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just looking at my plant in the balcony which has this exact shade of pink and green leaves. Your tatting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.