Monday, September 15, 2003

I sat down to tat this evening and realized I left my current tatting on top of a file cabinet in my office.

So, I decided to try out the metallic thread I bought over the weekend at JoAnn Fabrics. I wanted something shimmery and with red/green to simulate the hummingbirds colorful shimmery body. So here is my test of 3ds rings and chains. What I don't like about metallic thread is that the metallic part breaks and exposes the white core thread. I have another thread of the right color to use, but it has no shimmer to it and it's a size 12 - a tad bit bigger than I want.


I tatted a snowflake during the winter with a gold metallic and it was a big pain. I'm not sure I really want to tackle 2 hummers with this thread. Yet I'm sure it will be beautiful if I do.

I also bought a nice variegated in autumn colors in the Sulky too. It's a bit heavier thread and not metallic. I need to wrap this hummer up so I can get on to other stuff. Like the reindeer that is half done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.