Saturday, June 21, 2003


I still have some bonnet thread on the shuttle so I'm trying a small shuttle only motif from Tatting Patterns and Designs. It's a square, or diamond, depending on how you use it. In the book, it's hung on a mobil from the large ring so it looks diamond in shape.

I finished up the bonnet detail tonight. It's now soaking in some Oxy Clean to get the hand oil and grime off. Then I will block it and put ribbon ties on it. Then I need to dig out my notes and transcribe them.

Below are examples of how I empty my shuttles. If I'm in a hurry, I just put the thread on a floss holder, but usually I just keep them in a baggie and then one evening when I'm not really in the mood to work on a specific project, I'll make daisy rings and simple butterflies. The rings are varied. Some have same size picots and others have a combination of large and small. So simple yet quite elegant when gathered together and tied with a tiny ribbon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.