Friday, October 08, 2004

Notes from the Universe

Whosoever may torment you,
harass you, confound you, or upset you,
is a teacher.

Not because they're wise, but because
you seek to become so.

Notes From the Universe, Mike Dooley www.tut.com





I started this butterfly last night and worked on it a little bit tonight. This is the first time I've used beads, only the 2nd time I've made it. It's from a Needlecraft 1915 pattern. I'll post it later on. I'm using some Flora size 20 thread, a little bigger than what I've been using but I think it will work out. Not sure where the beads came from so I hope there are enough!

Ever since I saw Teresa Woods at Tatting Day in Greenfield, I've been meaning to mention Tatters Across Time. I heard reference to it at Camp Wannatat but didn't pay too much attention - I was already on overload. After Teresa brought it up, I went to the website to see what it was about. It seems to be a way to help you improve your tatting with specific techniques and goals to accomplish. Every so often I decide to try something new or work at improving something I already do, so I think this might be a more consistent approach. The site has a link to contact Bobbie Demmer and also get the application form.



Here's something else I forgot. My tea infusers arrived! One duckie and one teddy bear.

Now, I need to get to bed since I'm giving a talk at Lace Group tomorrow.
Alarm Clock

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.