Saturday, April 23, 2005

Dragonfly done!




Maybe glue wasn't such a good idea? LOL!

I wasn't done with the dragonfly when I went to tatting guild this morning but I was halfway through the outer wings by then. We all brought show and tell from our Hector experience. Kaye's pics turned out better than mine but it reminded me that I should put a few on here.


Kaye & Mary Nina & Hubby Classroom
L to R and around: Shirley, Gale, ?, Ginny, ?, ?, Rita Jacquie Teal in center with plum blouse

And here is some eyecandy by friends:

Quilts by Estefania from Argentina



Painted shuttles by Sherry Townsend



I know I owe a couple of emails but my eyeballs are slamming shut on me. I'll get to them in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:45 AM

    Hi Gina,

    The thought I first had was to put the glue all over the rock, but then it wouldn't look natural. Then I thought, maybe paint the back of the tatting peice with a bit og glue? Maybe that would work. I'm going to think on this and experiment a bit, cause I have some little butterfly pieces I want to do that with to put outside with my fountain.

    Marie in BC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie,

    I didn't think the glue would come through like it did. I was just trying to put spots of glue on the back of the motif, but it kind of gushed out. Shame on me for being in a hurry! I guess we can pretend it's water, since that's where dragonflies go anyway.

    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.