Thursday, August 25, 2005


I got word from Brigitte Henneberger that she enjoyed hearing about the hatband I was making and it inspired her to make her own. She's way ahead of me...mine is still in progress. LOL! She used the "Garden Path" design. Looks like this pattern came from Tatting Treats Three by Pam Palmer but it's one book I don't have, believe it or not. I've used the pattern in the T.A.T. proficiency program but I didn't know the source.

I've been painting a shuttle and a thread winder for the Jane-a-thon winners, but I'm not happy with the shuttle. It looked great before the clear coat, which brought out white spots that I didn't know were there and blended the grassy background so much that it just looks not so good. So I'm going to try something else.

I'm meeting with lace friends today, one for lunch and one for dinner. I want to get the next year organized so I won't be doing the frantic headless duck routine every month.

More and more people are working to preserve the old pattens. The latest is from Rainbow Valley, which is mostly crochet (which I also do) but there are some public domain tatting books too. I wish there was an easy way to copy the Needlecraft magazines. They are so large, however, that they don't fit on the typical scanner.

My lunch with a fellow lacer was productive. We have some fun projects in mind for the next year. I can't wait to see them transpire. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, this is the best part of the group activities. To me, the whole point of getting together with like-minded people is to share ideas and be inspired to further creativity. I'm not that keen on demonstrating, though I understand that's how you do outreach and encourage others to try out the same thing. I just don't like being "on display".

Our Celtic Dream Weaver has some hand painted shuttles on ebay. A lovely pink one can be seen here, #8214557755. She has a few more on there - check them out!

I see ebay sellers still want to call tatting the dying art. I'd like to slap them. LOL! But then, back in the 60's, all needlearts were considering dying arts. sigh.....I don't think I'll go there in this discussion.

Gotta go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.