Saturday, February 14, 2004

Here I am again, twice in one day!



As I've mentioned before, I have a passion for antique needlework patterns. I received the February, 1914 issue of Needlecraft today from an Ebay win. To my delight, these tatting projects were in this one. If you click on the thumbnail, you will see a bigger version. I reduced it some, to make loading time less, but I tried to keep it big enough to see some of the detail. These were all on the same page, I'm assuming Mrs. M. M. Stoddard is the designer as well as the author. When I saw the doily, I thought the butterfly was the same one that is on the Handy Hand stamp and at the end of Tatting No. 6, Forty Original Designs, but it is not. That really is an interesting doily. I'll transcribe the directions someday in the future when I have more time.

The second thumbnail shows a butterfly insert, 2 different sizes. And then the 3rd one! It's a collar and it's described as "Rose-and-Fernleaf Pattern" but it has butterflies too - different from any of the others! I just might have to make this collar! In color!

I'm currently soaking the vintage Lily thread I mentioned a few days ago in Oxy-Magic. What I didn't tell you was that I got 4 skeins of it! They were $.50 each and there were more, but the others were tangled so I got the ones that looked in the best shape. They are a little discolored on the ends so I'm soaking them to see if it will come out - they're looking pretty good. I just hope they aren't too tangled! I also have a skein of "Virginia Snow Sufficient Glove Twist to crochet one pair gloves....See book No. 44 for other styles." This looks to be about size 30. I wonder how old these threads are?

Well, I'm off again. This is cutting into my tatting time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.