Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Yikes! I just realized why some of the pics in the old tatting book I got yesterday looked familiar - I already have The Tatted Lace Patterns of Emmy Liebert, a collection of this designer. So that's cool - I have an original now.





The hankys arrived tonight and I attached the edging. Fortunately, I had not cut and finished off the ends yet because I needed another inch. Then it was just a matter of pressing, tacking, and voila! I added the flower buttons to cover the tacking of the ribbon. It really is simple to turn it back into a hanky. Snip where each tie is and the gathering at the back. I take it into Mary tomorrow. I believe it totaled between 10-11 hours of labor, with tatting and sewing together. The hanky was $3.25 - an excellent quality fabric, btw, from Hanky Blanks plus postage and thread, of course.

I got teneriffe directions from Wilma tonight too! Another goodie to try out after the elephant.........providing I can hold off that long!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.