Saturday, January 22, 2005

Greenfield and SNOW

This morning I went to tatting guild in Greenfield. The forecast was nasty so not many of us there. I took Tami, a tatter I met at a church bazaar last year, with me. The roads were fine going there. About half way back, they started getting bad, but we made it home fine.




Last night I was trying to empty some shuttles and tatted up this Heart of the Butterfly by Irene Woo. The pattern is also in Online Tatting, edited by Georgia Seitz. I was going to use two shades of pink but then I saw I was going to run out of one color, so I switched to white for the inner rings. Now it looks like I have red, white and pink. LOL! That red just looked like a really deep pink last night! I remember the 1st time I tried that pattern a few years ago - how I struggled to find a starting point. It's little things like that which tell me how much I've progressed in tatting.

The beaded flower/snowflake was taught by Kaye in tatting guild today. It won't be long before Kaye has a book ready for us. This was a very simple project, but I like the flower effect and it gave me lots of ideas.

I spent money there too.
Money 1

I got Dianna Stevens' Animal Bookmarks, Tatting Fantasia by Iris Niebach, Tatted Easter Eggs by Kirsten Wind Hansen, and Joy Botchlet's Cluny Tatting Designs.

hmmmm....I might have to tat something from one of these tonight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.