Saturday, November 07, 2009

This is my last attempt at this snowflake. It's closer to the original, but it shouldn't have been this hard to achieve a duplicate!

LOL! I just realized - usually, I purposely make a change along the way to suit my tastes more but this time I wanted it to look exactly like the picture!

The only thing I changed this time was the way the inner chains were made. The directions call for the tiny picots to have two ds between each picot. I changed it to only one stitch and I made the picot itself almost negligible, a bare bump in the road, so to speak. I did pull the center ring of the clover out a bit when blocking but I pin from the inside of the ring, not the picot. In the designer's version, it's clear the pinning was done in the center picot of the center ring. That would definitely give it a pointier look. My center laid flat because I left a little space between rings. The thread is size 20 Lizbeth.

My next snowflake will be either Jane's newest one, the Snowsettia, or one from Jan Stawasz. There are 3 or 4 in his book that I love and they turn out the same!


  1. Well done. You got there in the end.

  2. I think you did a great job i love that way it looks. Janes is a great one to do i want to do that also.

  3. Miranda2:39 AM

    Woo-hoo!!! You did it!

  4. That's perfect. I bet the typist put in the wrong double amount on that inner chain. I SO admire you for sticking at it until you got it sorted.

  5. It looks just wonderful! On first glance, they look alike. One has to be a serious O/C tatter indeed to be able to point out any differences! LOL!
    Fox : )


Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.