Wednesday, January 07, 2004

I tatted one tiny heart today for a project but it ended up being too small. I had some hearts from Betsy Evan's Rainbow Heart bookmark pattern that were just the right size but the wrong color ( and it was a trio of them, not a single heart to be had!). I can't find my print out of the pattern but I'm printing out a new one and will make the heart in the desired color over the next day or so.

I'm ready to do the filet snowman's eyes! Row 58!

I borrowed some books from the I.O.L. I. library. I got Ben Fikkert's Floriade. I'm not a doily person and this book is almost all doilys but there are a few collars too. I admire Ben's work and wanted to see more. I do really like the centerpiece "Corona".
Then I got Dianna Stevens' Victorian Tatted Christmas. This one is a collection of glass ornament covers lavishly beaded. Unfortunately, with Christmas already over, I'm not in the mood to make anything seasonal. I also got a book for beginning needlelace. I've been wanting to do that for a long time. I'm a little confused about the foundation piece it is telling me to make. I might look at a few other references. I think one of my Anna magazines has a course in needlelace.

Welp - it's late and I need my beauty sleep!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.