Wednesday, December 08, 2010

I finally got some tatting done! Friend Jane sent me a bit of her Lizbeth Pink Cocoa which happens to match some things I wear perfectly, so I used my Beginner's Beaded Blossom Brooch pattern to tat it up. I wanted to use pink and brown beads but do you know how hard it is to find brown beads? I settled on some "brown iris" glass beads, 11/0.

I had a hard time getting a good image too. Because it's 3D, the pin won't scan properly and it seems it won't lay well for the camera either! This image is clear, compared to the others, but tends toward a pink cast which is more than the thread itself has. The areas are actually well defined by color.

My tree is more decorated now but not with tatting. It seems to be an expectation that with a white tree, you use colored tatting but I don't have a bunch of ornaments tatted up for that and I DO have plenty of other ornaments. Too many for a tree really. I ended up using some small glass ornaments and leaving it at that. I do have a small green tree that I put tatting on but I'm not getting it out this year.

Yesterday I bought a new container for a collection of thread that has grown over the years. These are too thin for me to tat with alone but I often use it doubled or as a blending thread with another regular tatting thread. Lately I've had it in mind for bobbin lace and embroidery. I only buy when they are on sale and then I'm overwhelmed by the color choices. I was afraid I was duplicating what I already had but I think there are only 2 that are duplicates. I don't really use them a lot but I love looking at the color and sheen!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.