Saturday, December 27, 2008


There's not a lot of demand for striping in tatting but for those who knit or crochet or sew items with stripes, and who design, visualizing the outcome can be tricky. While browsing CraftStylish this morning, I found a link to a stripe generator at Biscuits and Jam. You select the colors you want to work with and the number of rows for each color. It's limited to the same number of rows for each color, in other words, you can't mix it up with wide and narrow stripes. Then you click on the generator and it shows you a visual of the colors. If you don't like the order of the colors, refresh the page and it will generate a new one. It also lists the color sequence and number of rows for the pattern.

6 of burlywood O O O O O O
6 of lightsalmon O O O O O O
6 of indianred O O O O O O
6 of lightsalmon O O O O O O
6 of burlywood O O O O O O
6 of indianred O O O O O O
6 of lightsalmon O O O O O O
6 of indianred O O O O O O
6 of burlywood O O O O O O

I tried to save the picture but I would have to save the whole html and decided that would be too cumbersome for this and I couldn't copy the actual rectangle of stripes either. You get the idea. Those big "o"s at the end of each line actually show the color of the stripe too. There are instructions on how to save the color scheme. They just won't work for here without ...mmm...more knowledge than I have. LOL!

Ah...Erin finally opened her SS package from me! Here's the second bell I tatted from Wanda's Bell Pattern. Darn...I can't remember the details now! I think I added a gold thread with the tatting thread and it turned out larger than the other one. It still fit on the glass bell but it just didn't look right. I added the topaz bead and a ribbon so that it can be hung whereever Erin likes.

Anyone who knows Erin knows she is addicted to PINK. Many have tried to wean her away from PINK and to some extent they have been successful. Even so, I simply could not resist the urge to tat these Christmas tree earrings in pink. These are a bolder brighter pink than the test sample I did earlier. I wondered if she would guess it had something to do with her when it was in pink on the blog. I had been to an open house downtown where different designers had decorated each room of an historic building in their own style for a "contest". One of the rooms was largely pink including a huge PINK tree. I wanted to take a photo with my cell phone but the darned thing kept telling me it was full and wouldn't snap a photo. I was going to use that photo so explain my sample pink tree and my plans were foiled! Anyway, once I made the first part, I decided that pink was too pale and went for a bolder look.

As noted in my last post, our family Christmas was Friday. It was incredibly foggy when I got there but cleared up and warmed up to 60º by the time I left. A sense of humor prevails in our family...these sock monkey slippers



were given to me




by my sister, Linda. Coincidently, I had just sent her a link to someone else's blog who was wearing the very same slippers! She already had them for me...which explains why she didn't reply to that email. LOL!


And the youngest member of the party yesterday, my great-grandson Cameron, who thought everyone's gifts were also his.

4 comments:

  1. The bell turned out great, as well as the earrings. Thanks for the link to the color striping. Whenever I crochet something, I usually try to use more than one color. Sometimes the color combos turn out to be duds, sometimes not! This will be a good tool to use for my next crochet project.

    Looks like you had a great time at Christmas! Love the sock monkey slippers. Speaking of crochet (and sock monkeys), last year I crocheted a bunch of sock monkeys for the little kids. One of the boys still drapes his around his neck and takes him where ever he goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink Christmas trees! Hey, Pink Christmas trees are IN! LOL! The bell you tatted is lovely, too!

    Your family looks like you all had a very Merry Christmas! LOVE the sock monkey style slippers! They are great, LOL! What fun. What a little cutie that litt boy is, thinking everything was his...hope whoever had that lovely trinket got it back in one piece and without too many tears from the little one. He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is so lovely. I am in awe that you know how to tat and turn out such fabulous works of art! The bell and the pink trees are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bell and trees. Yes, even pink trees. :) The slippers look nice and comfortable. Your great grandson is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.