Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Mid-week

I worked on the bookmark project in T.A.T. but had to stop. I need two shades of green and only have one in the correct thread size, so I’m stuck until I get home. Last night I also put together a watch with a beaded bracelet band that I’ve had for months. I brought it with me on the chance that I might get bored enough to do it. It didn’t take long at all. I’ll scan it when I get home. Tonight I might work on something I’m test tatting for a friend….or I might work on my reindeer, but I’ll probably wait until tomorrow for the reindeer. I’m really tired tonight. I woke up at 4:00 a.m. here and couldn’t get back to sleep. That’s only 7:00 a.m. at home, but I don’t think that had anything to do with it.

I started a snowflake from Susan Fuller’s Potpourri of Patterns while at the airport. I could work on that some more too. I need to email Susan and find out if she reprinted the book.

Hmmmm….checking the project book, there are 3 other projects I could be doing that only require 2 colors and I have that.

I feel like I’m missing out on so much while I’m here. I’m not a gambler……I was out and about today but it occurred to me that I’ve not been attracted to movie stars or the lavish life of stars for many years now. The stores here feature clothes, perfume, art, and clothes, perfume, art, and home décor, and clothes, perfume……yeah……oh, jewelry…all hugely overpriced. The paintings I saw tonight….priced between $1,500 and $33,000+. I saw a brocade runner with reindeer on it, festive looking – for a pricey
$500. YIKES!

Frankly, I’m bored to tears. It would be fun if I had someone to bum around with, but everyone I’ve met so far is already with coworkers or friends. Plus, we go to different sessions and there really hasn’t been much of an opportunity to talk. The atmosphere is not as conducive to networking as at other conventions I’ve gone to. No food or snacks. There is coffee and hot tea. I’m not a coffee drinker and prefer iced tea to hot tea. The sessions have been pretty intense so far. I’m pretty much wiped out by the time we are done. There is an hour-long networking thing by the vendors today and tomorrow. I did go for awhile, looking specifically at a chair and some mouses and mats. I’ll go again tomorrow. Tonight I went shopping….looking really….though I did find the poker chips my son wanted so got that. Found a tea-for-one, on sale, but it’s ugly as sin so I didn’t get it. Maybe I’ll find one at the airport that I like.

I have to take my camera with me tomorrow and snap that giant statue of a naked Caesar with a Santa cap on. LOL! There is some magnificent statue work here, I’ll say that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.