Sunday, December 18, 2005

It's been a BUSY weekend but I did tat while watching some Christmas movies in the evening. These were all quick work-ups. The tree is a pattern originally by Sheridan Femia in Oz and modified by Susan Moore. The candy cane pattern is by Abby Hegwald. (Sorry, I had the wrong last name but it's corrected now!)

The tree is done in size 20 thread and I was amazed at how small it turned out. Can you imagine it in size 80 thread? I just love it!

I tatted the candy canes in size 80 thread because it happened to be right by me at the time I decided to do it. The yellow one is also size 80 but it has a gold blending filament added - really made it significantly larger. It's the yellow I used for the star and garland on the tree. I had barely enough left on the shuttle to do the cane.....finger tatted the end of the last ring and chain, in fact.

There is a partridge in a pear tree by Kathy Lowe that I considered doing but decided it was a bit more than I wanted to tackle in the time I had available. I also wanted to do Ruth Perry's Celtic tree in a heart but again...I have so much trouble with the weaving that I decided to wait for a calmer day.

I was in the office earlier today. I usually decorate the display window right after Thanksgiving but I didn't get to it this time. I thought I'd just throw a little holiday glitz in there to add interest over the next week but I ended up taking the current stuff out and then putting Christmas stuff in. I didn't have to do anything with the background though and all I really did was put things on the shelfs so it didn't take all that long. Then I stopped at the grocery on the way home. Had stopped to get gas on the way in. I was still gone for 4 hours.

I started a list of things I wanted to get done today this morning. HA! I'm not sure I got even one thing on the list done but I did get a lot of other stuff done....and there are half a dozen things that still aren't on the list. Yikes!

Definitely need an early night tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Emails and comments both are welcome and always read.